Website Fortress Nutrition
$1,000 Signing Bonus!!! – You heard that right!!! You make a commitment to us, we will make a commitment to you!!
Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements and food products, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor who will oversee and manage all aspects of maintenance for their New Berlin, WI facility. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and Director of Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of 2-4 maintenance mechanics to troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Plan repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize uptime.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and to diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Lead equipment purchase and maintenance projects.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Purchase maintenance materials and parts; maintain inventory records.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Manage the team to provide 24/7 coverage for operations and emergencies when needed including equipment repair, stabilization, and the mobilizing of resources as needed.
- Ensure the department responds quickly to production line calls and resolves issues promptly, communicating progress to managers as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow and enforce standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Director of Operations.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ maintenance management experience with strong maintenance skills, preferably in a food, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging, and PLC desired
- Familiar with quality/food safety programs desired such as GMP and CFR.
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds in a dusty work environment (the facility is climate controlled, the employee can wear additional PPE such as a dust mask if interested, but it is not mandated)
- Ability to effectively communicate with, supervise, lead, and motivate staff in a culturally diverse work setting, strong problem-solving skills.
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- AFFORDABLE Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-term disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Samples & Employee Discounts on Company Product
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the Occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.