Website Fortress Nutrition
$1,000 Signing Bonus!! Yes – You read that correctly!!
Through 2021, we are offering ALL new hires a $1,000 signing bonus.
You make a commitment to us – we will make a commitment to you!
Summary: Fortress Nutrition is seeking a Canning Line Supervisor who will be responsible in managing high speed canning lines and have all lines be completed in full, on time, and with no quality defects. This individual will be supervising and coordinating the daily activities of the production staff while driving safety and efficiency of the team.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure Quality Control measures are met at line start up and through-out the production run
- Supervises production staff in all activities in accordance with operational policies and procedures, including safe operation of all canning line equipment, pumps, tanks, and forklifts
- Ensures sanitation practices, inclusive of but not limited to, general aesthetics, operational, and storage are adhered to
- Track and report inventories of all canning materials and finished goods daily
- Monitors the preventative maintenance program with Maintenance Department
- Reviews data with Operations Manager to drive continuous improvement and efficiency
- Assists with orientation, training, and skills development of team members consistent with established canning operational and safety procedures
- Conducts basic packaging QC checks for daily production runs
- Reports facility and equipment repairs and issues to Operations Manager
- Evaluates staffing needs and coordinates with Manager to maximize labor resources
- Supports and communicates with all departments influenced by canning operations, including, but not limited to, Quality Control, Safety, Production, Lab, Warehouse/Logistics, and Maintenance
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of hazardous material and safety procedures (SDS) assuring adherence by staff
- Performs product analysis and sample pulling
- Completes all required filtration and processes therein
- Ensures forklifts are being checked and checklists are completed daily
- Follows work orders; helps follow up on task completion
- Keep work area clean and sanitized at all times
What We’re Looking For:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management or food & beverage related field equivalent is desired; HS diploma or GED is required
- 3+ years’ experience minimum in food or beverage manufacturing is preferred
- 4+ years’ experience as a lead, supervisor or manager
- Previous experience working in a bottling and canning facility required
- Punctuality and reliability are a must
- Honesty and exceptional work ethic
- Demonstrated experience communicating with and motivating a culturally diverse work setting
- Ability to solve problems and work independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in priorities
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and stand on feet daily
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the Occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
- AFFORDABLE Multi-Tiered Medical Insurance Plans
- FREE Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance!!
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.