Website Fortress Nutrition
$1,000 Signing Bonus!!! – You heard that right!!! You make a commitment to us, we will make a commitment to you!!
Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements and other food products, is seeking a Maintenance Technician. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this person will oversee and manage all aspects of maintenance on the 2nd shift for their NEW canning and beverage production lines.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Manage the workload of the production staff, ensuring all GMP and HACCP guidelines are being adhered to when the Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize uptime.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and to diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and the best solution.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolve issues promptly; communicating progress to managers as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Maintenance Manager.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years’ maintenance experience within a food, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging, and PLC desired
- Ability to work on 2nd shift, Train on 1st as needed
- Familiar with quality/food safety programs desired such as GMP and CFR
- Ability to effectively communicate with and step in to supervise, lead, and motivate staff in a culturally diverse work setting; strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds in a dusty work environment (facility is climate controlled, employee can wear additional PPE such as a dust mask if interested, but it is not mandated)
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- AFFORDABLE Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-term disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Samples & Employee Discounts on Company Product
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the Occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.