Website Fortress Nutrition
Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplement and food products, is seeking a 2nd Shift Quality Assurance Specialist that under the direction of the Quality Supervisor, will serve as a primary resource for the creation and review of Quality documentation/records, in addition to assisting quality control functions as needed.
What You’ll Do as a Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Create production documentation including Master Manufacturing (MMRs) and Work Instruction
- Review and approve records to ensure compliance to internal and external requirements (21 CFR 111, 21 CFR 117) and other production certifications including Batch Productions Records (BPRs)
- Disposition and label materials as Hold/Release/Quarantine, including the creation of Certificates of Analysis (COAs) as applicable and dispositioning materials in electronic WMS system.
- Identify deviations, Initiate and coordinate completion of Non-Conformance and Corrective Action (CAPA) investigations including root cause analyses.
- Conduct basic food safety / cGMP and quality-related training for new hires as needed
- Assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) related to manufacturing processes and production personnel compliance training.
- Provide support as needed during audits by regulatory and 3rd party certifying bodies.
- Conduct and coordinate facility environmental testing as part of the Internal Environmental Monitoring Program.
What We’re Looking for in a Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Post-secondary quality education, training is required.
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated success in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance within food/beverage or dietary supplements.
- Working knowledge and application of Quality Management System (QMS) pre-requisite programs
- Experience with creating and approving manufacturing records
- Experience with reviewing material specifications and dispositioning materials including results of testing/inspections to ensure materials meet specifications.
- Knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
- Experience working in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI, BRC or SQF) facility
- Ability to support basic technology, including email and Microsoft Suite programs. Experienced user in Microsoft Excel with the ability to create formulations and tables is needed.
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- AFFORDABLE Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-term disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Samples & Employee Discounts on Company Product
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the Occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.