Website Fortress Nutrition
It’s an exhilarating time at Fortress Nutrition as we are launching a brand new beverage canning line within our organization. Due to additional expansion and growth, we are looking to hire a Quality Technician that, under the direction of the Quality Supervisor, will complete day-to-day quality-related activities to support departmental and company objectives on the new line.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to maintain the safety and quality of our products by conducting checks of manufacturing, in addition to conduct sampling, and analyze and inspect raw materials, in-process materials, finished products, and the manufacturing environment. You will ensure plant compliance with government regulations, company policies, and industry standards.
What You’ll Do as a Quality Control Technician:
- Perform production line inspections to ensure compliance to manufacturing requirements
- Provide general oversight within the plant to ensure compliance to procedures and support monitoring to ensure adherence to GMPs
- Collect and organize samples Coordinate necessary testing and perform basic routine quality assessments of raw materials, in-process and finished products
- Conduct laboratory testing with accuracy and integrity and ensure that it is accomplished within compliance of all federal, state, and company policies and procedures
- Perform analyses such as Brix, Density, pH, Titratable Acidity, ABV, ABW, Can Seam Inspection, etc
- Conduct and coordinate facility environmental testing as part of the Internal Environmental Monitoring Program
- Calibrate lab equipment including the pH meter and Density Meter
- Identify deviations in quality or practices and help coordinate implementation of corrective actions
- Communicate any non-confirming issues or additional concerns directly to the production team, supervisor, and Quality
- Contribute to the development of and changes to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Provide support as needed during audits by regulatory and 3rd party certifying bodies
- Maintain an organized and clean Quality laboratory. Monitor laboratory inventory and replenish as needed
- Assist with company programs and initiatives as needed, such as Fortress Nutrition’s calibration program and customer complaint investigations
What We’re Looking for:
- HS Diploma is required. Post-secondary education, training is preferred
- 2-5 years of demonstrated success supporting basic principles of quality in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance role is required.
- Prior experience within a beverage canning environment is highly desired
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel and Word
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- AFFORDABLE Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-term disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Samples & Employee Discounts on Company Product
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the Occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.