Website Fortress Nutrition
If you are a hard-working, dependable and loyal individual seeking a captivating environment to grow your career in a family-focused culture, Fortress Nutrition is the perfect place to make that happen! We are seeking individuals who want to work hard while having fun, offer competitive pay and benefits package, and celebrate our wins in a team environment. Our employees make us great, and our culture is what keeps us together!
Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements and other food products, is seeking a 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this person will oversee and manage all aspects of maintenance on 2nd shift for our New Berlin, WI facility. This person should have some lead, supervisory, or management experience as they will be the backup Shift Supervisor as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Manage the workload of the production staff, ensuring all GMP and HACCP guidelines are being adhered to when the Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize up time.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and to diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolves issues issues promptly; communicating progress to managers as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by leadership.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years’ maintenance experience within a food, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging, and PLC desired
- Ability to work on 2nd shift, Train on 1st as needed
- Familiar with quality/food safety programs desired such as GMP and CFR
- Ability to effectively communicate with and step in to supervise, lead, and motivate staff in a culturally diverse work setting; strong problem solving skills
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds in a dusty work environment (facility is climate controlled, employee can wear additional PPE such as a dust mask if interested, but it is not mandated)
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Samples & Employee Discounts on Company Product
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer.