Website Fortress Nutrition
If you are a hard-working, dependable individual seeking a captivating environment to grow your career in a team-focused culture, Fortress Nutrition is the perfect place to make that happen! We are seeking individuals who want to work hard while having fun, offer competitive pay and benefits package, and celebrate our wins in a team environment. Our employees make us great, and our culture is what keeps us together!
Job Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements, food products and RTD beverages, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic that works as part of the Maintenance team under supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor & Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain, diagnose, and repair equipment within the facility.
The standard hours of this position are 6:00am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday.
What You’ll Do as a Maintenance Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Manage the workload of the production staff, ensuring all GMP and HACCP guidelines are adhered to when the Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize up time.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolves issues promptly; communicate progress to leadership as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by leadership.
What We’re Looking for:
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required
- 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- 3+ years of maintenance experience within a high-speed food or beverage manufacturing, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment required
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging, and PLC is desired
- Familiarity with food safety/quality programs such as GMP and CFR
- Ability to effectively communicate with and step in to lead and motivate staff as needed; strong problem-solving skills required
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds in a dusty work environment (facility is climate controlled, employees can wear additional PPE such as a dust mask if desired, but it is not mandated)
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- $1,000 Sign On Bonus
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – HSA Option
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- $1,000 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food & nutritional supplement, and RTD beverage contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer.