Website Fortress Nutrition
If you are a hard-working, dependable and loyal individual seeking a captivating environment to grow your career in a family-focused culture, Fortress Nutrition is the perfect place to make that happen! We are seeking individuals who want to work hard while having fun, offer competitive pay and benefits package, and celebrate our wins in a team environment. Our employees make us great, and our culture is what keeps us together!
Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplement and food products, is seeking a Maintenance Technician that work as part of the Maintenance team under supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor to maintain, diagnose, and repair equipment within the facility.
What You’ll Do as a Maintenance Technician:
- Efficiently and effectively install and maintain equipment, perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair production equipment and facilities systems, perform fabrication and welding, and provide technical assistance to the production departments
- Complete all required tasks while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions and make repairs in expeditious manner
- Perform preventive maintenance functions
- Perform yearly rebuilds on assigned equipment
- Participate and assist in the installation of new machinery
- Inspect machines for parts wear and recommend/participate in making necessary repairs
- Ensure that all paperwork including daily end of shift reports, inventory, safety sheets (ex. hot work permits, confined space, etc.), and supply requisitions are accurate
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to: GMP’s, Allergen Program, Quality, Sanitation, Safety
- Performs all additional tasks and duties as assigned by leadership
What We’re Looking for:
- HS Diploma is required. 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- Minimum of five years electrical/mechanical maintenance experience in a packaging manufacturing environment required
- Experience troubleshooting and installing new packaging lines
- Project Management Skills – Ability to see a job through completion with attention to detail in a timely manner
- Ability to work within a team concept, flexibility is an asset
- Strong background in mechanical, electrical, and PLC controlled processes
- Strong machinery and welding skills are desirable
- Strong safety record
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms; climb or balance; converse and listen
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Opportunity for Growth & Rapid Advancement
- Vacation Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Samples & Employee Discounts on Company Product
- Fun, friendly, and warm office culture with the occasional “Happy-Hour” on Fridays!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com.