Website Fortress Nutrition
Summary: Fortress Nutrition seeks an experienced Procurement Manager who is looking for a challenge, and who wants to make an impact in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. The position’s scope and primary responsibility is purchasing raw goods, ingredients, and materials to ensure that managed inventory levels are supporting an efficient and effective operational model. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with vendors and customers for all internal and contract manufactured products.
*EXPERIENCE WITH DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS AND/OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING REQUIRED*
What You Will Do as a Procurement Manager:
- Develop, manage and communicate production line master schedules to best utilize company resources, maximize production efficiencies, and exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze market trends and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Manage supplier relationships and negotiate contracts. Work with suppliers to establish performance goals with respect to continuity of supply, continuous improvement of cost, quality, and delivery. Monitor supplier’s performance to agreed-upon service level and OTD objectives.
- Execute activities related to purchase order management from the intent to purchase through delivery of product, including reconciliation of Purchase Orders, Receipts, and Invoices.
- Maintain required records such as quotes and price lists, blanket order files, supplier correspondence, and supplier performance data.
- Expedite and defer goods and services as required. Work directly with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods. Expedite material and updates the ERP system to reflect accurate delivery dates and inventory status.
- Manage Sales and Operations Planning meetings to analyze supply chain capacity versus upcoming forecasts of products.
- Interface with the Vice President of Operations, Vice President of Business Development, and Director of Quality to improve company processes.
- Perform impact analysis when the company or departmental processes are not performing to standard.
What We’re Looking For in a Procurement Manager:
- 8+ years’ experience in a supply chain, purchasing, or procurement role within the Dietary Supplement or Food and Beverage industry
- MRO experience is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), and/or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification is a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and motivational skills along with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, performance-based environment with stretch goals
- Excellent knowledge of inventory management, forecasting, market trends, shipping, planning, and purchasing
- Superior Decision-Making capabilities – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Strong computer skills using advanced Excel skills including data extract and pivot tables
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are necessary
Benefits & Perks:
- $1,000 Signing Bonus
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored Life & LTD Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Fun, friendly office culture
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services. You can find more information at https://www.fortressllc.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.