If you are a hard-working, dependable individual seeking a captivating environment to grow your career in a family-focused culture, Fortress Nutrition is the perfect place to make that happen! We are seeking individuals who want to work hard while having fun, offer competitive pay and benefits package, and celebrate our wins in a team environment. Our employees make us great, our culture is what keeps us together!
Job Summary: Fortress Nutrition, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements and other food products, is seeking a 1st Shift Quality Technician. Reporting to the QA/QC Supervisor, this person will support the day-to-day quality and production related activities on our Canning & Beverage line.
The standard hours of this position are 6:00am-2:30pm.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform quality control testing and execute basic routine quality assessments of raw materials, in-process and finished processed.
- Collect samples for shipments to third-party laboratories.
- Perform routine calibrations of laboratory instrumentation; maintain instrument health.
- Communicate quality data and provide quality guidance to internal customers.
- Ensure all quality documents (MMRs, Cleaning Logs, Test Records, etc.) are properly completed in real-time with strong attention-to-detail following Good Documentation Practices.
- Provide support as needed during audits by regulatory and third-party certifying bodies.
- Conduct and coordinate facility environmental testing as part of Internal Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Maintain organized and clean quality laboratory and replenish inventory as needed.
- Assist with company programs and initiatives such as Fortress Nutrition’s calibration program and customer complaint investigations.
- Performs all additional tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
What We’re Looking For:
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Post-secondary education, training is preferred.
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a Quality Control role is required.
- Prior experience working in a food, dietary or pharmaceutical supplement manufacturing, or related manufacturing industry is strongly desired.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Suite Programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with 2nd shift operation personnel and leadership.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while staying on task, adapting to changes in priorities, and demonstrating strong sense of urgency required.
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- $1,000 Sign On Bonus
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – HSA Option
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- $1,000 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
Fortress Nutrition is a full-service dry powder food and nutritional contract manufacturing partner. From research and development to manufacturing and packaging, we partner with small to large clients to provide them with all their contract manufacturing and logistics needs. We provide unrivaled expertise in formulation development, blending, packaging, quality control, and fulfillment services.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.