$1,000 Signing Bonus!!! You saw this correctly! Imagine what you can do with $1,000!! You make a commitment to us, we make a commitment to you!
Summary: Christopher Morgan, a transportation company, is seeking a Transportation Specialist to provide overall logistics support to their distribution function. As a Transportation Specialist, you will be responsible for communicating and executing the scheduling and shipment of orders and working closely with the warehouse team to ensure orders are shipped in accordance to client and retailer expectations.
Responsibilities of a Transportation Specialist:
- Schedule and route LTL & TL shipments based on customer and retailer requirements
- Prepare documents for LTL & TL shipments (e.g. BOL, commercial invoice, etc.)
- Provide daily shipment reports to the warehouse manager and account management team
- Review and understand retailer routing guides to ensure all shipment requirements are met
- Manage email-based ticketing system and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide timely and accurate freight quotes
- Manage driver/carrier instructions at time of check in, facilitate the loading and unloading of carriers.
- Manifest, send ASNs and record required data points for all outbound truck orders
- Develop and maintain organizational system for order and shipping paperwork
- Partner with internal teams to work through problems and reduce inefficiencies in daily operations
- Proactively identify and help implement enhancements to transportation management processes to support a positive customer experience
- Own additional projects and tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Manager or Director of Operations
What we’re looking for as a Transportation Specialist
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain logistics, transportation and shipping operations with a proven track record of creating and implementing process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Business Management with prior Warehouse/3PL experience is preferred.
- Ability to use systems and technology to multi-task, manage time and create efficiencies
- Proficient with computers and programs including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated sense of urgency to handle situations with priority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Needs to work successfully in team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility when overtime is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Fun, friendly office culture
To apply for this job please visit bravent.catsone.com.